Global Opportunities accepts applications for the GO! and Fritz Scholarships twice per year. Students planning to study abroad in winter and/or spring quarter should apply at the fall deadline (usually in early November). Students planning to study abroad during summer, early fall, and/or fall quarter should apply at the spring deadline (usually in mid-April).
Global Opportunities administers two scholarships which provide funding for study abroad: the GO! Scholarship and the Fritz Undergraduate Scholarship. Both scholarship applications require completion of the following steps:
- Provide basic personal information
- Answer basic questions about your program (location, program dates, and program type)
- Respond to short essay questions
- The Fritz Scholarship application requires one essay, with the response limited to 800 words.
- The GO Scholarship application requires two essays, one with a response limited to 800 words, and a second optional response of no more than 300 words.
The GO! and Fritz Scholarship applications do not require letters of recommendation.
The GO! scholarship is funded by the Washington State Legislature. This scholarship helps students with significant financial need access international learning opportunities.
The Fritz Undergraduate Scholarship is funded by the Chester Fritz Endowment. This scholarship provides competitive funding to students in the Humanities and Social Sciences.
We do not accept paper applications.
The spring deadline for GO! and Fritz Scholarship applications (for students studying abroad in summer, early fall, or fall 2013) is Thursday, April 25 at 5pm. The application opens March 1.